New Delhi: The Red Fort in the country’s capital Delhi will remain closed from Wednesday morning till the conclusion of Independence Day celebrations on August 15. The Archaeological Department of India gave information about this on Tuesday. The department said that the Red Fort has been closed for the general public from July 21 to August 15. The ASI issued a notification stating that the Red Fort has been closed due to preparations for August 15.
The number of visitors to the Red Fort had already been reduced due to the Corona pandemic. After the instructions of DDMA, Corona guidelines are being strictly followed in all the markets of Delhi.
The ASI in its order said, “The Director-General of Archaeological Survey of India has, in the exercise of the powers conferred, has directed to prohibit entry inside the Red Fort from the morning of July 21 till the completion of Independence Day celebrations on August 15.” Earlier, Delhi Police had written a letter on July 12, suggesting the closure of the Red Fort from July 15 due to the Covid pandemic and security reasons.
Delhi Police on Alert
Indian security agencies have also sent a major alert to Delhi Police ahead of Independence Day. According to the intelligence inputs received by the agencies, terrorists are planning to carry out a big terrorist conspiracy in Delhi through drones.
The agencies have now alerted the Delhi Police over the same. The security agency has warned that terrorists can try to attack Delhi through drones before August 15, especially on August 5, the day 370 was removed from Jammu and Kashmir.